The vision of Master of Clinical Pharmacy is to be a pioneer of master’s education in clinical pharmacy that is internationally recognized, excellent, leading, and professional in clinical pharmacy services based on ethics and moral culture of the nation
Mission of Study Program
The missions of Master of Clinical Pharmacy are to:
- Organize research-based master’s education in clinical pharmacy in order to educate and empower the nation, maintain national integrity and have international perspective.
- Improve the quantity and quality of research in the field of clinical pharmacy with global perspective to support education, development of science and technology, and its application in society, and respond to the problems of society, nation and state.
- Improve the quantity and quality of community service, especially in the health sector and expand networking with strategic partners at home and abroad
- Increase national and international recognition of Master of Clinical Pharmacy as an excellent institution of clinical pharmacy education.
Program Educational Objective (PEO)
The program educational objective (PEO) of our study program is to produce graduates who are virtuous and have capability to::
- To establish professionalism to practice in clinical pharmacy services or education, based on the research results and/or the development of the latest science.
- To have leadership qualities and can collaborate in an integrated manner with other health workers involved in health services.
- To be able to formulate approaches to solving various health problems of national and global society through scientific reasoning.
- To be able to pursue higher education.
The education philosophy of the study program includes the expectation about the graduates and educational methods. In brief, after completion of the study, our graduates are expected to have strong foundation in health science and will be practice-ready for team-based care. They will have the knowledge, skills and attitudes needed to deliver patient-centered care as inter-professional team members and will contribute to the advancement of the profession of pharmacy. Through various educational strategies, students acquire a strong foundation in pharmaceutical and clinical science principles and possess the ability to integrate and apply learned information within our program and in inter-professional learning environments. They will experience transition from being a dependent learner to an active, self-directed lifelong learner. The education philosophy of the study program is in accordance with that in UGM inspired by Patrap Triloka a local wisdom originally introduced by Ki Hadjar Dewantoro, the Indonesia’s first Minister of Education. Patrap Triloka has the holistic meaning of a teacher as a person of authority who is able to be a role model, to motivate students, to support and guide the students, and to become a partner of learning to the students.